Faith

18 April 2011

The Love Dare Day 34

It probably wouldn't surprise anyone to know that Michael is unsure of his belief in Jesus, on who He was.  He doesn't like labels, but to use one I'd say Michael is mostly agnostic.  He believes in a higher power, but he's unsure of what exactly that higher power is.  However, Michael is completely supportive of raising our kids in a Christian household and teaching our children about God, and Jesus and raising them as Christian like I want and have promised in front of our family, our churches and most importantly in front of God.  He knows that my relationship to God comes before any other, and that I am highly spiritual and he respects that.

Today's dare was to find an example of when our spouse demonstrated Christian character in a noticeable way and verbally commend them for it.

Michael constantly shows what I would consider Christian character, he prays with us, he reads the Bible with us, and he helps me raise our kids as Christians.  In fact, if you didn't know his beliefs and just looked in from the outside it would be hard to tell he wasn't actually Christian.  This is something that weighs heavily on my heart, but I just keep praying for him, for his soul, and I can only hope and believe that one day he'll open his heart and let the Holy Spirit touch his life as it has mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment