Faith

24 April 2011

Easter

Today is the day that the Lord hath made.  I will rejoice and be glad in it!

"And God so loved the world that He gave His only son our Lord, that whoever believes in Him will not die but have eternal life." John 3:16

Today is the day we celebrate the resurrection of Christ. Today is a GREAT day!  It's good to always remember that Jesus died and rose again, but today we get to celebrate in what Good News it really is!  I know that not everyone believes in Jesus or that he was Lord, but I do, and I get excited about Easter.  I've found that the deeper my relationship with God has gotten the more emotional I am about the facts of Jesus, leading up to His death.  It moves me in a way I cannot even explain.  That we have a God that was willing to give up His life just to save our worthless lives is beyond me.  That He thought we were worthy of that love when we come short of the glory that He is, baffles me at times and also gives me great comfort.  I am worthy because He says so.  I am worth eternal life because He loves me no matter how much I sin, and I definitely sin, He still greets me with open arms.  No matter how I screw up, how I treat Him, turn away from Him, ignore Him, He is still there, loving me, welcoming me home when I realize my mistakes.

I can't claim to know it all, but I do feel that as I've gotten older, my relationship with God has only gotten stronger.  I can give many compelling arguments on how and why I believe in God, most of them logical even, but that's not the point of wanting to post this.  These are MY feelings, these are MY thoughts, and I am talking about MY God.  I've been through way too much in my life to not believe in Him.  To not know that there is a higher being up there watching out for me.

I hope all those who celebrate Easter had a good one, filled with love, because that's what God wants us to do, Love is at the core of who He is.  We may not always understand His will, but I can for sure trust in it.  God has blessed my life, and I continue to put my trust and love in Him.  I hope everyone is comforted by the promise God gave us.

I have eternal life, I do not have to fear death because I know what is to come.  Praise God!

No comments:

Post a Comment