Faith

08 March 2011

Speaking of Marriage

I think this is about the best idea I've heard of in a long time. (click above link)

My marriage is a religious thing to me, a contract between Michael, me and God.  We went before God and our family and vowed ourselves to each other and only each other.  The government should not be involved in the religious institution of marriage.

I've thought for a long time that if two people want to combine their assets, they should be allowed, no matter what the sexes, or relationships between said people.  The government should not be allowed to tell us who we can add to our insurance (as long as we're paying for it), our wills our deeds etc.  I think that as an adult we should be able to make our own decisions, good or bad, and be responsible for the benefits or mistakes that may follow.

I can only hope that this becomes a national thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment