Faith

07 October 2009

Customer Service is a Dying Art

Can someone please enlighten me as to why it takes six different people, 3 hours and constant re-explaining of our problems for AT&T to fix anything?

The first thing I learned about customer service is that if you have to bring them to someone else to solve a problem you do NOT make them repeat their problem.  You do it for them so they don't have to repeat themselves ten million times.

Okay, so here's the deal:  We have an air card, which didn't work in TN/KY and doesn't work here in Augusta, nor do we need it because we have the internet through AT&T and the phone line.  We put it on military hold, or at least we though, well they screwed that up, we still got charged for it.  Then Michael calls to fix it, they say it's fixed and going on military hold.  Great.  Michael's PHONE stopped working!  I'm due in less than 2 weeks and they shut his phone off.....how nice!

So he calls back today, at 5, it's now 8 and he's STILL on the phone with them and is now talking to a sixth person and we still don't have everything resolved.  Seriously, this is customer service?  He's telling me it's fine, and I'm telling him it's crap and bad customer service.  He's now outside so he doesn't have to listen to me anymore.  Maybe it's all the contractions I've had today that's making me cranky, but I seriously think it's AT&T!

No comments:

Post a Comment