Faith

09 January 2011

It's that time again

I've had a bad week this week.  Today though was tough to start out with.  The kids have been stealing candy, food and a ton of other things out of the kitchen (getting caught every time of course) and I've tried a lot of things to get this to stop.  I finally threw away all the candy this morning, save very few things I'll probably finish eating by the end of next week (and the candy lives next to me now at all times).

The point being that it's been stressful and I've been cranky mean mommy all this week and its kind of sucked.  So today, I decided that for a little bit at least I wasn't going to be cranky mean mommy anymore.  The kids and I have been dancing around the house, talking to each other, and spending time, the 2 hours spent watching Hannah Montana.  It's been a pretty good day though, my living room is clean, and my kitchen and dining room while not spotless are a whole lot more clean than they were thanks to my kids this morning.

So, it hit me this morning that I wasn't enjoying my gifts.  Now granted they were still stealing all this week, and not listening, but I realized they also helped out a lot too, but I couldn't see it past all the bad they had done.

It just kind of hit me this morning.  Now, non-believers would just chock this up to a coincident or to just a random moment, but I think it was God.  I stopped, I was by myself (hiding) and I was quiet and I said a little prayer to God, to help me, to give me patience or whatever it was I needed (loaded prayer there).  But, he did.  He gave me what I needed.  I needed some time with my kids, some quality time, and they did too, without mean mommy.

So that's where I saw God this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment