Faith

05 July 2011

July will be busy!

July is my favorite month of the year, and mostly it's because it's got both the 4th of July and my son's birthday.  Which also happens to be my birthday, but I think it's a great idea to just leave the focus on him instead of me.  This month though we've got a lot going on.  This past weekend was the the 4th of July weekend and we went to the festival/fireworks thing they held on post.  They do it every year, and they have all these displays, lots of food, and crafts and rides and things.  It was a lot of fun.  This weekend I'll be driving down to Savannah to eat brunch with Tara and Jess and I'm really looking forward to that, especially since it'll be with NO kids! Well, I might bring Jade, but not sure yet.  Then the next weekend we're headed down to FL for a reunion with friends and then James will have his birthday party on Sunday.  The next weekend is James and my birthday weekend and we're going to head to Statesboro to go to the waterpark there.  The next weekend I'll be heading back to Savannah to watch my bestest friend Tara get baptized and confirmed into the Church.  I'm super excited about that!

Really the next several months will be busy, all of the birthdays in our family start now and continue until the end of the year.  Next month is Michael's, then September we'll be starting 2nd grade with James, and continuing 1st grade with Jade, and preschool with Steven.  I'll be starting to work more one on one with Willow to learn colors, and then shapes. At the end of September/beginning of October I also have my 10 year high school reunion, which is crazy that it's been that long since I graduated!  Then in October Willow turns 2, it's crazy how quickly the past 2 years have gone.  There may also be a wedding I'll be attending in October, and then there's also Halloween.  November not only contains Thanksgiving but my bestest friends birthday, my SIL's birthday, and Jade and Steven's birthdays.  We haven't figured out what we're doing for them yet. December seems far away but really it isn't, and that holds Christmas, and our last trip to FL for the year.

It's almost hard to believe how fast time is going by, it feels like Michael just came home, but he's been home for 3 months already.  I'm enjoying every second I get with him, because I know that it'll be way too short a time when that D word comes up again.  Michael and I do love (for the most part) this lifestyle but the separations are hard.  We're blessed though, Michael enjoys serving his country, and I'm proud of everything he's managed to accomplish in such a short time.  He really pushed himself and made his dreams come true.  I also had mine.  I married the man I fell in love with when I was 15, and we have a beautiful and happy family.

No comments:

Post a Comment