Faith

08 November 2010

Fall back

Yesterday, Sunday November 7, 2010 was not a fun day.  Usually I'm excited about gaining an hour of sleep, however that day was the day we had to take Michael to the airport so he could go back to Afghanistan.  The day went pretty well, and it didn't hit me as hard as it normally does, with him leaving.  Minimal tears.  I don't know if I should be happy or glad that I didn't break down like I did last time.  Don't get me wrong, I have my moments of sheer terror at the thought of him flying back in, but last time, when he went back to Iraq, I started bawling the moment I walked into the townhome.  Michael had changed everything in our home, and while it had started out as *my* home, while he was there those 15 days he had made it into *our* home.  His presence was everywhere, and it hurt so bad to have to come back home to our home, and for him not to be there.  I wonder if the difference is that this was our home before we left, and so it was still our home when he came for R&R.  It's possible I guess.  We are on the downward slide, which is awesome though, and I'm looking forward to going home for Thanksgiving and Christmas.  I've got some things to concentrate on during November and December to help time seem to move faster, but I'm concerned about the rest of the time.  OPSEC will not allow me to write when he's coming home, and if you're wondering what OPSEC is, well in Army terms, it's not telling troop movements, in an effort to keep them safe.  I won't give out dates, times or anything like that.  I can say Michael will be home in spring, but I can't tell you which month in the spring he'll be home.

The main things I have to help pass time once January rolls around is that James will be in scouts still, on Monday nights, and I signed Jade up for cheer/dance.  I think she'll have fun in it.  I'm going to miss the parent meeting, but eh, oh well.  The coach will call me with when they meet, and here's hoping that it won't be on Monday nights.

As for today, we're doing really well time wise.  James and Jade got up at 6:30 am and played quietly in their room, and Willow woke up for her morning nursing.  She went back to sleep at 6:45 and I got up and got a shower.   We did the Bible portion of school last night, so this morning at 7am, I got the kids working on their seat work.  James is now done, Jade is just about done, and they are eating breakfast as I speak, and they are almost done with that.  I have hopes that we may just finish school before lunch time.  Willow will probably go down for a nap in about an hour and half to 2 hours from now, and then the kids will hopefully be done by 12:30-1pm.  Then we'll just hang out around the house, or possibly play outside for a little bit.  It's been chilly, but we've had pretty nice days.  Lots of sunshine.  I am looking forward to going home to FL though, where it's warmer!  It's funny how much I hate the cold, and yet I want to go live in Alaska for 3 years.  But it's GORGEOUS there!  So beautiful!  I think I could endure 3 years of cold and snow for the beauty that's there.  I really want to get a lot of pictures of the mountains, and the whales we could see.  Plus the housing there looks really awesome, and they have 5 bedroom houses, so hopefully we could get a house that is a better size for us, than what we have here.

We are stuck here, for another 2 years, and then Michael can reenlist (which he will) and then we'll probably reenlist needs of the army.  I'm not sure where I'm going to want to request to go, (not that we'll get it) but I'm afraid to go too far away because of my Mom.  I wish we could get Patrick, but I doubt that it will ever happen.  I was thinking Stewart, because that post is only 5 hours from home, but in a way, I would just love to go further west.  I wouldn't mind going up north some, but really, I've never been to the middle of the country and I think it would be cool to see more of our diverse country than just the two coasts.  Really, I just hope we get stationed somewhere that they have easy homeschooling laws.

Well, the kids are almost done with breakfast so I should probably start mine and end this!

No comments:

Post a Comment