Faith

06 November 2009

Life with a newborn

I am exhausted, but I'm happy!  I finally had the birth experience I had always wanted, and it made everything better in a way.  I finally got it right.  I feel like my other kids got gipped in a way but there's nothing I can do about it now. I would encourage any woman to at least consider home birth for their children, or at least a birthing center with a midwife.  The least medical experience you can find because having an un-medicated, un-emergent type birth was the most amazing and wonderful experience.  I let nature and my body do what it was supposed to do, I surrendered to the power of what my body was built and is capable of doing and it was empowering!  I don't think I had ever felt so confident in myself and my body then I did when I was allowing it to do what needed to be done instead of fighting it, or allowing myself to be put in a position where others hindered my body from doing what it was made to do.  Women are made to give birth, and our bodies ARE capable, it's just allowing it to happen that women seem to be scared of.  Pregnancy and birth are not emergency situations, they are normal parts of life and should be treated that way.  I went into labor in the morning, and ate breakfast like it was any other day, I didn't have to feel like I was going to have to rush somewhere to "give birth".  I had her in the afternoon and by the end of the day it again felt like just another day, only now I had this beautiful little creature to hold and snuggle with.


Willow is almost 2 weeks old now and I still can't believe how beautiful and amazing she is and now amazing her birth was compared to the others.  Giving birth in a hospital is definitely not something I would recommend, I just can't settle for second best.

No comments:

Post a Comment