Faith

22 November 2009

I'm watching Jesus Christ Superstar

I love this movie.  But it brought on a discussion between Michael and I concerning Judas.  Most people think Judas is in hell, because he betrayed  Jesus.  I told Michael I don't believe that, and he said that he believes it's possible because Judas has free will and made the choice to betray Jesus.  We both agree that Jesus didn't really have a choice in his life, he didn't have full free will.  God knew and determined what he would do at the big moments.  He probably had say in the small things, but when it came to how, and when he would die, I believe Jesus had no choice.  I also believe that because of this, and because there had to be a betrayer, Judas was chosen by God, for whatever reason to fulfill that part of the story.  So I do not believe Judas had free will at that point in his life and therefore can not be held responsible for his actions.  I don't believe God would punish Judas for doing something He decided must be done.  I'm not sure about his suicide effecting it, but I can imagine he would have been completely overwhelmed after realizing how God had used him.  Deep thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment