Faith

09 September 2013

Day 2.

Today's challenge was to remember that "Love is Patient."  I did my best to remind myself of this throughout the day and I tried to calm myself when I could feel myself getting angry.  I tried to come up with different reactions than my normal one, which is to yell.  My kids don't deserve to be yelled at, and especially not all day, which I am embarrassed to admit has happened before.

Today went fairly well, I tried not to feel put out if my kids interrupted my speaking or needed help while I was in the middle of something else and I succeeded most of the time.  I'm going to try and keep up that mindset because I think our day went much smoother than usual when I could stop and remind myself they weren't purposely being annoying or disrespectful.  It made it easier also to remind them to wait before interrupting when I managed to be patient with them instead of being angry.

Definitely an improvement in our day.

Tomorrow I'm supposed to do some unexpected kindness.  I'm drawing blanks, any ideas?