Faith

18 June 2011

The father's in my life.

I don't think my husband realizes just how much I appreciate or love him.  I'm sure he has some idea, but the massive amounts of love and respect I feel for him, is just indescribable.  I always knew that Michael would be an amazing father some day, and he's proven it true a million times over.  My kids couldn't be luckier to have him as a father.  Michael is sweet, compassionate, tough when needed, loving, understanding, more patient than I could ever be, and so much more.  I don't think he even knows his own worth.

That man can drive me up the wall one minute and have me busting out laughing the next.  He's one of the few people who can genuinely cheer me up out of a horrible mood without even trying, just by being near me.  He's seen me through so much in my life.  I couldn't ask for a better husband or father for my children.  He helps, with everything.  He doesn't stand back and just let me raise our children, he's an active participant and he wants to be.  There is no nagging for help with the kids, he wants to be there, enjoying every second of their childhood with them, with us, as a family.  I have been so blessed.



My daddy was an amazing father too.  He wasn't perfect, and as a person he's had many faults.  I cannot possibly see them all as my memory of him is from a young girl's views only, but the one thing I do know is that he always made time for me.  I have very few bad memories when it came to him.  He read to me, talked with me, played with me.  I can remember so many times being with him and knowing I had his undivided attention solely on me.  Yes, I was quite a bit spoiled, but not monetarily, we didn't have a lot of money, but by attention and love.  My father loved me, he was proud of me, and I never had a second in my life where I've ever doubted that, and for that I am lucky.

Bill, my second father, and grandfather to my children is also wonderful.  I wasn't very receptive to him at first, and I feel some pain for that, but if you look at the above description of how I view my biological father than you'd see why but I came around.  Bill is also my father, and I love him as one.  I know that he also loves me as a daughter.  I have no doubts of that.  Bill also had a tendency to spoil me.  I like men who do that. Bill helped our broken family and made it whole at a time we needed that.  He's always been there for my mother and I, and we've been through a lot.  I am extremely thankful that God put Bill in our life, and I hope he knows how much I love and appreciate everything he's done for me, and my mother.  I have been blessed in not only having one, but two fathers who I love, and who love me.

Now what can I say about Grampy?  I love him.  He's fun to be around, and I love listening to his stories.  I miss getting to spend time at his house, spending time with him and Grammy and my cousins.Grampy is getting older now, and I worry about him, but again I was blessed in having amazing male role models in my life.  Grampy is no exception.  My grampy is caring man and has always been willing to help anyone he can to the best of his ability.  He loves his family and we love him too.

I have been so blessed by my family, biological and chosen.  These men, these father's have helped to shape who I am today, and I can only hope they realize how important each of them are to me, and how loved they are, by their family also.

I love you Michael, Daddy, Bill and Grampy!

Happy Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment